Monday, September 24, 2012

to ink or not to ink.

Tattoos I am  deeply considering:

A small Bluebonnet, which is the Texas state flower. I will do my best to never live in Texas again, but it's such a part of me.

Some of the lyrics from Let It Be on my forearm. Namely,  "there is still a light, that shines on me, shine until tomorrow, let it be".  I am aware that the phrase "let it be" is an incredibly popular tattoo choice, which I did not know when I initially became obsessed with the idea, and then dropped it because I did not want to be cheesy. But then, I thought, that's kind of wonderful, isn't it, for the people who are sincere about it? We have more in common than we think. Anyway, I like that strand of lyrics in particular. I also thought it might be kind of cool to involve the actual music notes from that selection, but I'm not sure how that would look.

"Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" Or the scripture reference. Basically my lifelong spiritual struggle.

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will, which I now exert to leave you."- Jane Eyre. I can't help it. I really love this.  

A refined, victorian top hat. I am obsessed with doodling, and when  I doodle. I ALWAYS try to  draw the perfect top hat, and I always fail. 

A teeny tiny owl.  I know. I  probably won't get this. But. OWLS.




No comments: