So I don't know where I'm going to be by the end of the summer. Hopefully somewhat caught up, debt-wise. My friend wants to be a transient next year-- living in her car and public restrooms, and I might join her in an effort to be her wingman and to save money. At the same time, I so value comfort, the comfort of a bed and a humming fan over my head, of a clean bathroom. Oh, I don't know. I seriously need to begin paying off my massive debts, as well as saving up for travel and future survival. I hate that we have to spend money to survive. Why do we have to eat and sleep, why do necessities cost MONEY? Why can't it just be the extra things? Why do I need to pay for my phone, or my internet?
Oh, who knows. If I am a homeless girl for awhile it will be ok-- I'm homeless figuratively anyway, and if this allows me to save up my money then more power to me.
SO anyway, summer goals:
-Make alot of money. Pay off what I owe so far to Sallie Mae, and make serious dent in personal debt.
-Make the following film shorts:
World Traveler Two (which we just finished filming! editing time...)
Rhymes With Orange (a highly edited, reimagining of it)
Hadley, MemTrim Operator
Buckeye Jim (misplaced cowboy short)
Black River (first 5 pages of my Thesis)
and perhaps Pieces and a short series of Canterbury Tales referential films.
- Read/finish reading the following:
Crime and Punishment
East of Eden
Snows of Kilimanjaro
May Day (by F. Scott Fitzgerald)
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Invitation to a Beheading
Birchwood (the last book I should have read for my Irish Gothic class. Yeah, never finished that one)
Also, I want to start on James Joyce's Ulysses. I have been advised not to attempt, but after sampling it and reading ABOUT it for my aforementioned Irish class, I must must attempt. It is a challenge. I'm sure I won't understand it in all of its complexity without making a proper study of it, but I can at least start chipping away.
-Lose alot of weight. I've been trying to get up early to run to the beach, but I'm really sucking at that. I may start biking and then make the transition. I'm also thinking of going on a mostly vegetarian diet. The people I live with are attempting it, so I may follow their lead. I just can't move to New York and not be drop-dead gorgeous and at least somewhat in shape.
- Concert wise, I'm going to see MGMT, Blitzen Trapper (a grad present), and PAUL FREAKIN MCCARTNEY IN SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!!!!!!
- Continue to submit stories to publications, and edit and refine my thesis and my Rusty script. Send out to contests and whatnot. Finish shorts, and send those out as well. Work on Fritzybaby, my new original script, as well as finish up Clara (no rush on that one) and begin another new one, like the Pluto one or the Anti Flirt League. I'm not sure on that-- but I need something else, something original to add to my portfolio.
I'm also still toying with the idea of transforming my thesis (Black River) into a series. HM.
- See a list of films that Dominic and I have assembled to watch throughout the summer. There are a number of obscure classics on said list that I haven't seen! Argh. The Killing Fields! How have I not seen The Killing Fields?! (this will be kept track of on my cinema blog, Cinephiliac.
-Start/work on 'Zine with my friend Emily McGuire. FINALLY! We've only been talking about it for a year.
-Try not to go all that many places, other than where I must.
Find amazing gifts for the following birthdays:
My Mother and Father's
Marianna, Dominic, Kate, Jon. Damnation, why are so many people born in the summertime?
- Keep an eye out for internships, and continually fax my resume/cover letter to the Breaking Bad folks.
Sigh. This is doable. Isn't it?